Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July!

Walking to the Freedom Festival from our apartment.


We went to Pleasant Grove to see some fireworks.  Nate had to work that night so I took Nate's sister, Charity with me instead.  She didn't want to take a picture but I made her do it anyways :)
Our large array of snacks for the occasion.  Waiting for fireworks is no fun when you don't have snacks!
It kept raining on and off so we had an umbrella to share
After the fireworks show, we had some sparklers and a couple of little fireworks to play with at home so Nate could see some too.  Charity was scared of the sparklers so we let her light one first hehe
Mine really startled me at first cause they would explode out the top before they started sparkling!

Nate about to set off a little ground one called "Short Stack"
The Short Stack in action.  Don't worry, it was cooler than this picture makes it look.
 
Me, setting off the last of the sparklers.  Such a fun day!


5 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a fun 4th of July. Those are fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 4th of July! I'm glad you guys had so much fun celebrating. Fireworks displays are always my favorite part, so I'm glad you got to watch a big display and then play with some yourself. I like the picture with Sarah holding the sparkler. It looks like a Harry Potter wand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for fireworks. They are harder to get here in California than they were in Missouri. I'm glad you got to play with some fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't expecting to see this blog for at least a few more months. Surprise! :) I love sparklers. They seem so simple, but fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah I know I've told you before but again... I LOVE your hair. It looks awesome. Looks like a fun 4th. Great job with the snack foods. Hmmm Doritos.

    ReplyDelete