Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Pretty New Glider

It should not be a surprise to anyone that Nate loves to look through ksl listings in his spare time.  While normally he's looking at silly things like motorcycles, he has recently ventured into the baby listings (this is his way of being really excited, trust me) and he has found a lot of things that we definitely don't need.  He also found a few wonderful things!  The first thing he found was a brand new, still in the plastic, never been used Boppy pillow!
Now I am a very skeptical person when it comes to things like pillows from ksl, seeing as how I  can't just soak it in bleach water and call it sanitary; but this was still sealed and of course i'm going to wash the cover still just to be sure.  But considering that these pillows are normally $30 just for the pillow and then covers can be anywhere from $20-$50 depending on where you get it, I am pretty darn satisfied with getting mine for $20 with the cover included :)

The other little beauty we found on ksl was this glider!

Again, I am a very skeptical person when it comes to used cushions, but Nate swears to me that the older lady he bought this from had the hugest, most beautiful, well kept house.  She bought the glider when she started having grandbabies so that she could rock them to sleep but now they are all grown and she doesn't need it anymore.  Upon careful examination by me when it got home, I decided that it's perfect!  It's so very comfortable and it was only $20 and included the rocking ottoman too.  How could I not love it?  Sometimes I go into the room just to sit in it again because I love it so much.

And lastly, I couldn't do a blogpost without including a belly picture.  Of course, I am in my glider :)
The little ninja is about 4 inches big this week.  One book says a navel orange, another says an avocado.  I'm going with the avocado because I have had some MASSIVE cravings for anything with avocado this week.  Mostly guacmole.  Actually it's all guacamole cravings.... but only the hommade kind satisfies it.  The wholly guacamole stuff is good, it just doesn't quite hit the spot.  Too bad I don't live in california where I could get them for 25 cents instead of $1.50 each.


2 comments:

  1. Those are some good deals. I am very excited for the anticipated baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some awesome deals for the boppy and glider. Your belly is so cute.

    ReplyDelete