Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Little Crochet Projects

I never would have guessed when sister Wheeler taught me at 14 how to crochet that I ever would have grown up and actually turned it into a hobby!  I honestly hadn't even picked up a crochet hook since learning the first time forever ago until fall of last year.  Since then though, I have worked on lots of different little projects such as baby blankets mostly and hats and a scarf and some ugly socks.  A couple of months ago, a friend of mine found some baby shoes on pinterest that were crocheted for sale.  Of course, not wanting to spend $25 on the little things, she asked me if she thought I could figure out a pattern for them.  I figured it couldn't hurt to try it out!  After 2 oddly shaped shoes, I came up with a pattern that I think is pretty darn cute!


For some reason I forgot to take another picture after I added the buttons and the little strap across the top but you get the basic idea.  I know several of you have already seen the pictures but Nate keeps telling me that I need to do more blog posts about my little projects; so I will be better about taking pictures of the things I make.  I have a feeling I might go a little crazy in a week when we find out the baby's gender with making things for me finally.  So far everything I've made has been for other people

2 comments:

  1. Those little shoes are so cute. I need to find some cute hat patterns for you to make me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those shoes. And the blanket you made for Connor is beautiful. You have quite a talent. I agree with Katie, you need to crochet some cutie hats to keep your babies warm in the winter.

    ReplyDelete