Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day

This memorial day, Nate and I actually both had the same holiday off!  I don't think this has ever happened before in our entire marriage.  Except maybe Christmas, but even that was a close call.  Since neither of us knew we would have the day off until the Friday before, we didn't really make any plans for it.  That morning, we decided it would be nice to put something pretty into the planter boxes we have on our porch.  We went to Lowe's and ended up finding a lot of really pretty flowers on sale.  We might have ended up buying more than we originally meant to...  After we got home, Nate made me a delicious enchilada for lunch while I started the planting.  

I didn't get a before picture but I started with the 2 long planter boxes, the red/pink pot and then the bigger green pot.  The original idea was just to fill the 2 long boxes.

After getting all the plants in good spaced positions, I watered them

I got a really pretty calla lily for my pink pot.

 And then I planted what didn't fit into the last pot.

 Now my porch looks pretty!  Since planting these on Monday, I have had quite a few more blooms on the little cactus looking ones, they make such pretty flowers that almost look like mini roses!  I'm very proud of my flowers :)

And here I am at 16 weeks and 5 days


2 comments:

  1. Cute flowers, and cute baby bump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your planter boxes look beautiful!
    Keep growing that baby bump!

    ReplyDelete