Friday, July 20, 2012

Crocheted Baby Hats

Recently I have been playing around with some different patterns for baby hats.  I usually start out patterns from either the internet or a book but then halfway through the hat I decide that I don't like something about how that person did it.  So I change it.  But then I end up making like 3 variations on the same hat, either because I changed the sizing a bit, or the stitching in a particular spot or whatever.  So all of the hats here are basically the same hat but I did change them all from the original pattern because I felt that it was flawed.  I plan to make more hats and they will be different looks than these; these are just what I already have finished.






Some of the hats I plan to give away to people having babies but I'm especially in love with this yellow one and only had enough yarn to make the one so I'm keeping it.  After all, I'm bound to give my own baby a little bit of preferential treatment right? :)

Also, for people that are interested I can post the original pattern and my alterations but I didn't feel like there would be a lot of a demand for it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the yellow one too! Maybe come winter time I'll have to send you some yarn to make me one just like!!

    ReplyDelete