Thursday, September 6, 2012

31 Weeks

As of Wednesday I am 31 weeks along and we are getting very antsy for our little baby to get here!  On the one hand, I only have 9 weeks left until she's here.  But on the other hand, I still have 2 more months of being pregnant and that seems like so long to me still!  On the bright side, I will be starting to have doctor visits every 2 weeks after my next one, which is 1 week from tomorrow so that must mean I'm getting really close!

I have a few things to update people on....  The first thing, which wasn't really a surprise to me but I'm still very happy about, is that my glucose test came back fine and I do not have gestational diabetes.

The next thing is that last week was my last week of work and I am now a stay at home Mom, sort of, at least I will be a Mom when my baby is here.  Which brings me to my next topic.  One of the reasons for me stopping work when I still have 2 months left is that I have a condition called Hydronephrosis on my right side.  I know it looks like a big scary condition but it really just means that my baby is sitting on my right ureter causing my right kidney to get inflamed and swollen from not being able to drain into my bladder.  But as long as I don't stand on my feet too much and I do drink lots of fluids, the pain doesn't get too bad.  Being a hair stylist doesn't make it very easy to be off my feet so Nate and I decided that it would be better for me to be at home getting our house ready for her.  I have to admit, I'm really enjoying having extra time at home now.  While I was working, I would spend all my energy doing people's hair and have no energy left to do anything at home.  Now, I've been able to work on cleaning up the baby's room and organizing all of Nate's books (he has a LOT of books) and do my dishes and not feel like I was hit by a truck at the end of every day.

Another little issue that I have been having during this pregnancy is recurring bladder infections.  I had the first one about 6 weeks ago now and that one was really really bad, and then I had another one just 2 weeks ago.  The doctor said that if I get another one that they're going to have to put me on antibiotics for the rest of my pregnancy.  I really hate taking pills, not because I can't get them down but because I feel nauseous for a few hours afterwards every time I have to take some, so I really hope I don't get another one.

We also discovered that I tested positive for group B strep which means that I will need to be on an IV with antibiotics during labor but as long as I have that the baby shouldn't have any problems.  I had no clue what group B strep even was other than that pregnant women apparently get it all the time so if you are like me, then click here.  I found this information helpful when I was confused.  And just for the record, it is NOT an STD like someone stupid tried to convince me of.  So there.

I'm sorry if this post was boring because I didn't have any pictures to go with it.  I promise I'm working on being better about that, especially now that I have some more time on my hands.  As soon as I get the sheets washed and the dresser in, I will take pictures of her room and show you the befores and afters.  I also have a baby shower coming up at the end of this month that I will be sure to get pictures of.  Until then, try to be patient with me :)

4 comments:

  1. Having experienced Dallin's kidney problems, I totally already knew what "nephro" means and I figured out what hydronephrosis means on my own. :) I hadn't heard that you tested positive for group B strep. I've never really known much about it so thanks for posting that link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was positive for group B strep too! My doctor told me it is actually pretty common for women to test positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you sure have had a lot of extra complications with this pregnancy. It's nice your glucose came back normal so you don't have to add gestational diabetes to the list. I can't wait till you get the nursery pictures up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think this post was boring at all. I was quite fascinated the whole way through. However, I will confess that I do like pictures A LOT--so I'm glad you're going to work on that aspect.

    I'm sorry that you have had these uncomfortable challenges along the way in your pregnancy. But I will compliment you on the fact that I think you have been quite the "trooper" through all of it. You and Nate are going to be wonderful parents. I can't wait until that sweet little girl gets here so we can all love her!

    ReplyDelete