Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ultrasound Photos

As many of you know, we had our big 18 week ultrasound on Friday morning.  While we were already pretty darn positive that our little one is a girl, we now know for sure!  So that was good news.  The only downside to knowing for sure now is that I've gotten really baby clothes hungry and I could easily go to the mall and drop a couple hundred dollars at gap alone just because everything is so cute.  Don't worry, I haven't done that.  If any of you come to visit me though, I'd be happy to go shopping with you!  After the ultrasound was done and she finished getting all the measurements into the computer, my due date was calculated as November 2nd instead of the assumed November 7th.  Since this is only a 5 day difference in time, it is unlikely that my doctor will want to change my due date but we'll see in a few weeks at my next visit with him.  With this new calculation though, I am now 19 weeks and 2 days along instead of the presumed 18 weeks and 4 days along.  Again, not much of a difference but somehow it makes me feel like my daughter is so advanced because she's growing like a champ! :)  It's so crazy to me to think that this baby is still so tiny in comparison to how big she'll be when she's born.  She's only the size of a large heirloom tomato about now, which is around 5 1/2 inches apparently. That seems like a huge tomato to me!  But still a rather small baby.  I'm not really showing that much, even though I feel like my belly has gotten so big!  Depending on the shirt, I either look like I have a nice little belly growing or I don't even look pregnant.  I guess someday my belly will make a real entrance, I'll try to be patient.

Nate also wanted me to announce that she will most likely be named Olivia Christine Breneman.  While we are still reserving the right to change this name at any given time, he doesn't want anyone stealing it because he's very attached to it (so am I but Nate is much more defensive about these things).  You have been warned!

Now for the pictures!


She was so mad about being pushed around for an hour she was ready to pinch someone


This picture makes me laugh every time I see it.  (once they're dead, shhhhh.....)(Sheri and Joseph might be the only people that get that)  Then there's that little face creeping out of the top corner there.  The lady didn't give us any other pictures of her face because they were all WAY too creepy looking.

4 comments:

  1. Well save up your money because we are definitely going shopping when we come to visit!! And I love the name a lot:) can't wait to see you guys in three weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they don't usually give you straight on shots of the face because they do look like aliens from that angle. The side view of the face is much cuter. Shopping for baby clothes is so fun, but definitely try to wait a little longer. There's still plenty of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA!!! I love the "once they're dead" picture. And the little pinching hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls are so much fun to shop for! I'll be on the look out for cute things. I love the name.

    ReplyDelete