Friday, September 28, 2012

The Nursery

It's done, and it's beautiful!  I have to be honest, this is now my favorite room in our apartment.  It's also the only room that I can honestly say I put a lot of effort into decorating but I am in love with it!  So here are the pictures:

This is the door leading into her room.  This star started out being white, we spray painted it yellow to match her room colors, it will be on a hook, I just haven't gotten the hook yet and I didn't want to wait on one silly little thing to put up pictures.  So pretend my hand isn't there.

Here you can see the curtains and valance that Nate's Mom made.  The "O" on the dresser was made by Nate's sister Brittany.


Here's a closer shot of the dresser and you can see the carseat too.


This is the same glider that I posted about forever ago but now it has a pretty blanket made by my sister Katie on it.  This room has definitely had a lot of family's help getting to where it is now!

 Here is the wall with the Crib.  The blanket hanging on the back of the crib is one that I made.  Nate's Mom made the crib skirt and bumper to match the curtains.  And that beautiful crib was a gift from my own Mom

Here's a closer picture of the front bumper and the skirt

And here is a closer view of the mobile I made.  I didn't make the stand attaching it to the crib but I did everything else on it.  I got the idea from something I found on pinterest.  I'm really proud of how it turned out.  I love it!

And here is an overall shot of the room.  Those pom poms hanging from the ceiling were also made by me (with some help from Savannah) and are another part of the room that I am really darn proud of myself for :) Everything in this room just came together perfectly, and I love it!  

 Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who had a part in making this little angel's room!  She is going to just love it.  Now I just have to wait out the next 5 weeks til she gets here!  Can't wait to meet her!



4 comments:

  1. It turned out so cute!! I'm glad you were able to get it all done...now you just need you're little girl!! Can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! You did a really good job on it! I love her mobile, and the pom poms. I want to see a close up of the blanket you crocheted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The room is really cute! I love it! I like the mobile and I REALLY like the flower picture hanging over her crib. Her room is definitely more decorated than Dallin's or Connor's. I just finally got around to hanging a few pictures on their white walls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you're proud of this room. It is absolutely beautiful. I'm glad you had so much fun using your creative skills to make such a cheerful and peaceful room for Olivia. She is one lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete